Monday, May 4, 2009

Sex after baby

Like most things in a healthy relationship sex has it's ebbs and flows.  Not necessarily bad to good, more like "mind-blowing" to "gratifying."  I would advise that if your relationship and closeness is based primarily on crazy intercourse- babies and marriage might not be for you.  I'm sure this is the rare bird out there who swears by sleeping with her husband every night.  But I would wonder about the quality.  And- if she has babies, how the hell she's pulling that off.

This is probably the question my girlfriends have asked more than any other post-baby.  
"How is sex after having a baby?"

I remember pretty clearly the first time I felt up to it again (a few weeks after Lo was born, which is different for everyone).  I was nervous.  It really was like losing my virginity all over again because you've had some pretty significant things happen down there.  It's a  little sensitive as you can imagine (or know).  Afterward I was very emotional (crazy hormonal changes with birth and milk coming in-- everything made me very emotional) and I remember laying there a little teary (the good kind of teary) and looked down to see that my breasts were squirting  everywhere.  Like fountains about six inches high.  And I looked at papa through my tears and said "why are there so many fluids?!?"  

Hilarious.  
Too much information?  Maybe.  But it's still hilarious.  Plus I figure if you know me, then you know what you're in for.  It's not like I called to tell you, you're choosing to read this.  And hell, it may just happen to you.  And then you probably will call me because you know I won't think you're crazy to talk about it. :)

So, how is it?  I think I  could answer the same for our relationship in general.  

We have learned to laugh at ourselves.  A lot.  We have learned to go with the flow.  We have great days.  We have amazing days.  And we have days that are just "fine."  We are closer than ever before, and sometimes we need to look at faces that are not each others for awhile.   

It's wonderful.  And the only changes have been good.

Mama 

No comments:

Post a Comment